Our Legislative Observers kicked off their weekly meetings, called “Fast Fridays,” Jan 14 at 4 pm with 17 observers from all over Kansas joining in to report on the activities of the legislature.
Kristin Salmans, Lawrence vice president, said that its easy to get involved, because all the committees are now online. Let her know if you would like to follow a certain committee. Here’s a report from the meeting Jan 14:
- The House Judiciary Committee discussed and advanced HB 2477 to extend renewal of professional healthcare licenses through May 15, 2022, due to pandemic conditions.
- Watch for bi-partisan interest in increasing funding of the state Water Plan.
- Congressional redistricting maps could come up for a vote as early as next week.
- The Senate Committee on Assessment and Taxation will discuss SB339 regarding food sales tax Wednesday, Jan 19.
- The House Committee on Children and Seniors will hold an informational hearing on Childhood Food Insecurity this week.
Anyone can join the Fast Friday discussions. Zoom recurring link here. [Meeting ID: 850 8119 4355 / Passcode: 100954]