The complete list is downloadable as a pdf, arranged by city, then last name of registrant, here
All of the people on the suspense list have submitted a voter registration application, but have not provided proof of citizenship.
If you or someone one you know is on this list, please send in your document, or help the person you know, so you can be fully registered to vote in the next election. To finish the voter registration:
1) You can make a copy of your "proof of citizenship": U.S. Birth certificate, or U.S. Passport (page containing passport number and signature), or Naturalization document, or other documentation and mail it or take it or the original to:
Douglas County Clerk
1100 Massachusetts St
Lawrence, KS 66044
2) Fax it to 785-832-5192;
3) OR you can take an electronic image with a smart phone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Voters who registered to vote at the DMV or with a federal voter registration application, but did not provide a proof of citizenship document, are on this list, as the recent court decisions that have said that those citizens are eligible to vote a full, regular ballot may change at any time.
If you have questions, you can call the Douglas County Clerks office at 785-832-5267, or visit their web site
If you are uncertain whether you are registered to vote or not, you can find out here
If you are registering to vote in Kansas for the first time, you will need to provide proof of U.S. citizenship. For more information about citizenship requirements, acceptable proof of citizenship documents, and other frequently asked questions (FAQs), visit the Douglas County Clerk's website
Individuals registered to vote in Kansas as of January 1, 2013, are deemed to have submitted proof of citizenship and are exempt from the requirement as long as they remain on the voter registration list. Moving from one place to another within Kansas or modifying one's registration records does not require the person to re-submit proof of citizenship. If a voter's registration is canceled, the person must submit a citizenship document when re-registering.
If you have moved since you last voted, you should update your voter registration with the County Clerk's office so that you will be assigned to the correct voting precinct.
Here are some other helpful links for voters!
- Check your voter registration online by entering your first and last names and date of birth here.
- If you have a Kansas driver's license or Kansas non-driver ID, you can register to vote or update your registration online here.
- If you want to register to vote in Kansas with a paper form, click here.
- New Kansas voters need to provide "proof of citizenship" in order to register to vote. To find out more about accepted documents, click here.
- If you were born in Kansas, you can request a certified copy of your Kansas birth certificate here; you can request a FREE copy of your birth certificate with this form (form BCA) here.
- If you were born in another state, you can find information about how obtain vital records from your state here.
- To update your Kansas driver's license and voter registration address online, click here.
- Finally, for everything you ever wanted to know about presidential elections, check out the League guide to Electing the President [pdf].
You will need Adobe Reader to view or print PDF files. Click on the Adobe icon to download this free program.